XiuSabSher

XiuSabSher

Saturday 22 March 2014

Great Day on Sher's Daddy's Birthday

Today's blog entry is gonna be with loads of photos~~~ 

Yesterday was my dear daddy's birthday!
But I'm not sure why I seemed to be enjoying it more than him! Haha!

Sis bought a very special and yummy cheese cake as his bday cake (not sure where she got it from), and we enjoyed it with some red wine. As usual, my cute nephew Tyler started to cry a little when we started singing the Birthday Song. Not too sure why but he has always cried when we sang it during anyone's birthday, this is just odd.


(Delicious Cheese cake as Birthday Cake)

My bf (Kun) took the day off and my dad only had an appointment in the late afternoon. 
We booked a table for 4 pax at Ikoi Japanese Restaurant in Miramar Hotel to enjoy our free-flow of sashimi from 11.30am to 2.30pm.
I really love eating here and my parents are real fans of sashimi and WASABI! I am not kidding... the amount of wasabi they eat is incredible!

(We had to remove our shoes! Our feet felt so relaxed and comfortable)

 (Assorted sashimi which are all so fresh and superbly delicious can!?)

(My lovely parents - look at my mum's Stylomilo hair! Oops~ my dad don't have.. LOL~)


(There must always be a group shot although my face looks big here)

Dad dropped us at Marina Bay Sands before he went for his appointment.
Mum, Kun & I finally made it to the 2 Degree Ice Art Exhibition! My "吃喝玩乐" friends planned to go some time back but we did not make it happen. 

(Queuing for our admission tickets and our rented jackets and complimentary gloves)

(There's a weekday promotion at $25 per adult instead of the usual $32. Each rented jacket is at $5 & there is a pair of complimentary gloves each. You really do not want to enter without all these!)

Here's just SOME of the photos we took inside the Ice Art Exhibit. Our expressions look kinda 'frozen' in most of the photos and we had so much difficulty taking the photos too cos' we almost couldn't feel our fingers and toes despite wearing like that!

 (The Merlion & the pretty and colourful background)

(I had to fold my arms most of the time!) 

 (I look like I'm gonna cry..my nose is so RED! Mum still looks so comfortable here..)

(The only reason I'm showing this photo is because I love the background and also my boots with the leopard prints leggings! Haha!)

 (Mum can touch the ice lion...)

                                 
(I don't even want to touch it... trying to pose like I'm kissing it.. i think I failed...haha!)

(I need all the warmth! Carry me!)
 
(Couple shot!)

We came out once after about half an hour or so because we couldn't take the cold anymore.
Luckily we were allowed to re-enter one more time before the 'Snow Show' at 4.30pm.
We waited and warmed our bodies, and at 4.15pm, everyone was so eager to go and see the 'Snow Show'.

It turned out that they shovel the shaved ice FROM the floor, put it in a machine and pump all the shaved ice into the air. We were like... "WHAT?! aiyooo.. so dirty & you call this snow?!!?".

                                    (This is what we managed to capture before running out!)

After we left the exhibit, we went to the Ice Bar for Happy Hours beer. There's 1-for-1 mug or jug until 8pm, so we ordered 2 ice mugs at $12 which became 4 mugs in total.
We wanted to experience drinking the beer from the ice mug inside the -15 degrees ice bar and we couldn't feel our fingers very soon after snapping a few photos quickly!


(Eskimo me & mum with our Ice Mugs)

(Super dupa cold! I kept hiding my hands inside the sleeve of the jacket)

 (Can you see the beer freezing? There is a straw because it became too cold for us to hold the mug!)


 
 
              
(I must say, apart from my hands feeling painful and my mouth feeling slightly numb, it's quite 'SHIOK' to have ice cold beer like that!)

Can you imagine all 3 of us were standing up with our arms folded, and taking turns to suck from the straw quickly to finish as much as we could, just like playing some game lor! We took turns smashing the empty ice mugs into the area below... took videos but not uploaded here because it's in Kun's hp.



(Enjoying the normal aircon temperature)

                                
(Mission accomplished! Good experience!)

 It was about 6.15pm when we left the Ice Bar and we had a dinner reservation at 7.00pm at 'Keng Eng Kee Seafood Restaurant' . The place is often crowded and busy on weekends, and they have a lot of regular customers. So if you ever consider going there, do call and make a reservation early!

They have an air-con area but I didn't manage to book and it's fully booked already!

They are located at Blk 124 Bukit Merah Lane 1 #01-136 Singapore 150124.
You can also check out their website at: www.kek.com.sg.

It actually belongs to my friend's dad and they have really nice food and I love their crabs! They are so big and juicy, not like some others I tried that look big outside but inside not much flesh!

(We had 3 veges, 1 pork rib, 1 herbal prawn, 1 crab in soupy beehoon & 2 steamed crabs)

 (A final group shot to end the lovely day! Happy Birthday to Papa once again!)

(In the car with Tyler on the way back home. 
He and his favorite 'chou chou', which means 'smelly pillow', and his pacifier.)

Okies.. I shall end the entry with 2 selfies I took in the Ice Art Exhibit and in the Ice Bar.
Hardly have the chance to wear such winter wear ..til' next time!




 Sher^^






No comments:

Post a Comment